These 5 and 10 day courses are designed for all those who are interested in learning Yoga and beginning the spiritual journey, improving physical, mental, emotional health in a retreat setting.
Students will be introduced to the following tools following ancient and modern methods.
- Cleansing techniques for detox and purification
- Pranayam – Traditional yogic breathing originating from Hatha, Ashtanga and from the traditions which are handed down from master to disciple.
- Yogasana – Hatha yoga and traditional yoga exercise.
- Meditation – Using ancient & modern techniques.
- Yogatherapy class – A space for students to learn practical solutions to treat their own physical ailments.
- Review of morning classes including Question/Answer session.
The course has four aims:
1. Learn how to develop self -practice
During the course, students will receive instruction on how to create a home practice tailored to their own requirements. When designing a personal practice, a student’s physical needs, climate at home, and personal goals will be used as a foundation.
2. Improve physical, mental and emotional health
Through various cleansing techniques Yoga purifies the body and mind relieving stress, negative emotions and memories stored in the cells of the body. Pranayama and meditation can be used to calm any agitated systems within the body. With consistent practice of Yoga, students will see that they are more integrated, that body balance and flexibility improves becoming healthier, stronger, and more aware.
3. Discover the path to retreat
Retreat is a path, a key a device to come back to your centre. This course will provide techniques through bandha, mudra, pranayam and meditation to become aware, go inside and experience integration.
4. Yoga Therapy to correct individual illnesses and complaints
In this course, students will learn an alternative understanding of their physical and/or emotional problems. They will be advised on specific asana, pranayama, meditation, diet, lifestyle recommendations, and natural home remedies to address their specific issues. Each student to gain knowledge and confidence to continue their healing at home with self-practice.
The course is conducted on a rolling basis, so there is no fixed start date. Students can select a date they would like to begin that fits with their travel plans and participate for the following ten days.
It is possible to arrange a shorter or longer course according to individual needs and travel plans